Summer Snackin’ with Coconut Mango Energy Balls
Let’s talk about snacking.
I think one of the biggest misconceptions of a healthy diet is that in order to be healthy, you can’t snack. But that couldn’t be further from the truth! Trust me, I snack all. day. long. To be healthy you don’t have to stop snacking, you just have to snack smarter. And by smarter, I mean snack on REAL food.
I make sure my snacks have a good amount of protein and fats in them so I’m not hungry 30 minutes later. And YES, I said fats! Healthy fats play a crucial role in sustaining energy, the proper functioning of our brains and cells, and the absorption of certain vitamins. And guess what? Eating fats actually helps burn fat because it can help boost your metabolism.
My key to making sure I keep snacking smarter is always keeping healthy snacks on hand. I’m an extremely busy person so I need fuel to keep me going all day long. These mouth-watering energy balls have been a perfect solution.
They’re packed with protein and healthy fats from coconut and cashews, as well as curb my sweet tooth with honey and dried mango. Pop a few of these in a tupperware (along with 10,000 other snacks) and you’re ready to run out the door and conquer the day!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup dried mango (cut up)
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fine coconut shavings for rolling
- Cut up the dried mango into small pieces before measuring.
- Place the cashews, maca powder, coconut flour, mango pieces and coconut shavings into a food processor and blend until there are only some cashew pieces and mango pieces intact.
- Add in the cashew butter, honey and almond milk and blend until completely mixed.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut shavings.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!