Try This Vibrant, Vitamin-Packed (and Pink!) Pitaya Berry Smoothie Bowl
Spring is quickly approaching, and that means the return of smoothie bowls! Not that I ever actually said goodbye to them. I ate them all winter long, shaking and quaking in the cold. But they’re definitely more enjoyable when the weather is warm.
Whenever I’m tired of normal berry blends, I bring out the frozen pitaya. Its shocking pink color always puts me in a good mood. Pitaya is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, as well as B Vitamins, and some protein! This smoothie bowl is packed with all of the good things you need to start your day. If that pink color doesn’t make you smile, I don’t know what will.
For toppings I chose granola, fresh kiwi, and microgreens. But, feel free to switch it up and add anything your heart desires. Shredded coconut, fresh berries, and nut butter would also work well here. And if you weren’t already sold, this bowl is gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free!
I hope you are enjoying this early spring weather, like me, and get a head start on your smoothie bowl game this season!
- 1/2 c. frozen raspberries
- 1 pack frozen pitaya
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and pulse/blend until smooth.
- You may have to stop frequently to scrape down the edges to ensure contents are well combined. The final consistency should be thick, but slightly pourable when you turn the blender upside down. If it's too thick, add more almond milk to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add desired toppings.