10 Minute Breakfast: PB&J Overnight Oats
Where did the weekend go? On Sunday evenings when I check off the last of my “To Dos,” I don’t have much motivation left to plan Monday’s breakfast. I think that’s understandable, but I can find the energy to create a few jars of overnight oats. It’s a win-win–they’re delicious and nutritious with minimal effort!
Prepping overnight oats for weekday mornings is a game changer because they take less than 10 minutes to prepare, require zero cook time, and give you all the protein packed nutrients that you need to take on your busy day. I’m always especially grateful for those messy jars on Monday mornings, when just getting out of bed and trudging down to the kitchen feels like a major victory.
I use mashed banana in my base to sweeten the mixture, but feel free to add bit of maple syrup if you like it on the sweeter side. I made my “quick jam” with raspberries, but any fruit will do! I think blueberries or strawberries would also be fantastic, but then again, what isn’t peanut butter good with?
Hopefully, these overnight oats can make our week ahead a little easier. Eating more overnight oats means getting more time in the morning to do something that you wouldn’t normally get to do. For me, that was photographing these oats and licking up all the PB when I was done, and it was so worth it!
- 1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 tsp white chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp all natural raspberry (or strawberry) jam
- 1-2 TBS all natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp hemp hearts (optional)
- In a mason jar or airtight container, combine ingredients rolled oats through cinnamon and gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- In the morning, mix your quick raspberry "jam" by muddling the fresh raspberries with the jam. Layer a new mason jar with the raspberry jam, peanut butter, and overnight oats until all of them are used up, topping with more PB and fresh raspberries.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts (optional) before serving.
- Another option is to mix all ingredients the night before, cutting out the morning step and making for a messier (but still delicious) breakfast!
What is your easy go-to Monday morning breakfast?