Make Summer Last with These Rainbow Kale Wraps
Can you believe that it’s September? But, I’m still craving tropical flavors from summer! These Black Bean + Mango Kale Wraps are a great nutritious wrap with ingredients that will make you want to dance! This summer I’ve been loving throwing my meals together inside a sturdy leafy green to make a light lunch or dinner wrap. Collard greens used to be my go-to, but lately I’ve been loving using kale leaves.
Black beans and quinoa pack these wraps with tone of protein to keep you energized. You’ll love the fruit and veg mix of corn, bell pepper, avocado, and red onion. It’s sort of like a deconstructed salsa you can throw together on the go. I like to pre-chop all of my veggies and fruits in the fridge so that I can recreate these wraps easily all week. Try serving with a squeeze of lime, salsa, and hot sauce.
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked yellow corn
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- kale leaves
- cilantro, handful
- 1/2 mango, diced
- Optional for serving: salsa, hot sauce, fresh squeezed lime
- Cook quinoa and corn according to package instructions if you haven't already done so.
- Chop mango and veggies.
- To assemble wraps, divide quinoa, beans, mango, and veggies between kale leaves.
- Serve with salsa and hot sauce.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for up to one week.