Need a Spring Fling? Try This Lemon Coconut Camu Protein Shake
Now that it’s finally getting warmer, I’ve got my blender on a daily rotation trying out new smoothies and shakes. I love lemon flavors this time of year, and pairing them with coconut is always a treat.
Lately I’ve been experimenting with adding new superfoods into my smoothies, so this shake has camu powder. If you aren’t familiar with camu, it’s a shrub containing lemon sized fruit with a yellow pulp, and it’s found throughout the Amazon rainforest in Peru and Brazil. The fruit is packed with beta-carotene, potassium, calcium, iron, and contains more vitamin C than any other naturally occurring food source. Big bonus — camu also has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
This lemon coconut camu protein shake is filled with protein, healthy fats, and fruit to get your day started in the brightest way possible. I love blending coconut butter into my shakes for healthy fat and added creaminess. Paired with coconut milk, banana, lemon, and camu, this shake has a little something for everyone and will start your spring day with powerful nutrition and taste!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 cup cauliflower, frozen
- 1 tsp camu powder
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- Toasted coconut flakes, lemon zest, raw coconut cookies (or raw cookie of choice), and warm coconut butter
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender and pour into a mason jar.
- Top with coconut cookie of choice, toasted coconut flakes, lemon zest, and a drizzle of coconut butter.
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier