Indulge This AM with a Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Cherries and chocolate. Does a better combination exist? This combination is a classic for me that I keep coming back to! I love making meals that taste and feel like the ultimate treat yourself dessert but are actually very nourishing and healthy. It feels like the ultimate hack!
I love adding cherries to my smoothie bowls for a bit of extra sweetness because bananas don’t always sit well with me. The instructions below call for cauliflower as a base, but if that doesn’t appeal to you, feel free to use banana instead. The sweet fruit completely masks the cauliflower and that way you get a serving of vegetables in before noon! Chocolate covered veg, that is.
This smoothie bowl comes together in less than 10 minutes for a fun fast breakfast. I love to enjoy my smoothie bowls after my morning workout, but you can eat this bowl anytime you need some chocolate covered cherries in your diet! The toppings make this bowl intriguing and decadent. I chose fresh dark sweet cherries, shredded coconut, granola, cacao nibs, and slivered almonds, but feel free to add your own!
- 1 frozen cauliflower (or sub banana)
- 1/2 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBS almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1 TBS cacao powder
- Toppings: dark cherries, shredded coconut, granola, cacao nibs, and slivered almonds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with desired toppings.
- Eat immediately!