The Game-Changing Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
I never retire my smoothie bowls when the weather gets cold. Instead, I make them all winter long, spooning the shake into my mouth layered in sweatshirts or sitting by the fireplace.
I don’t crave the fruitier flavors like I do in the summer, so I make this Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl for a delicious and comforting winter-themed smoothie bowl. Toasted hazelnuts and chocolate are my favorite combination right now. If you haven’t tried roasting hazelnuts yet, they’re wonderful!
This bowl is packed with superfoods, protein, fruit, and nuts. It’s also refined sugar free and naturally sweetened with bananas. You could throw a date or two in if you’d like it even sweeter. I love to make it to refuel after my morning workout.
I hope you’ll brave the cold and make this smoothie bowl! I know it’ll brighten your day like it did mine.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful frozen cauliflower (or sub ice)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup original almond milk
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbs hazelnuts
- For Topping
- Hemp Hearts
- Cacao nibs
- Sliced banana
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth, pushing down the sides periodically with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced banana, hemp hearts, cacao nibs, granola, and chopped hazelnuts.