Craving Fresh + Light? Try This Quinoa Salad
During hot days, I always catch myself wanting quick dinners that don’t require much cooking. Super hot days + turning the oven on? No, thank you!
One of my go-to meals when I don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen is some sort of variety of a quinoa bowl.
I just throw in some veggies, a protein source, some healthy fats and call it a day! It’s easy to mix and match a bunch of different flavors to keep it exciting (there’s nothing worse than eating the same meal over and over). Instead of making a big batch of the entire meal to have throughout the week, I simply make extra quinoa while making my bowls. This makes it easy to try new veggie, protein, and fat combos throughout the week, keeping lunch and dinner (or even breakfast) far from boring!
This newest flavor combo is one of my newest favorites. It’s bursting with flavor and nutrition and is perfect for a any day.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups liquid (vegetable broth or water)
- 1/2 of a white onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 cups sliced baby tomatoes
- 4 cups packed kale
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse your quinoa and place it in a pot.
- Add in the 2 cups of liquid and cook on low until all of the liquid is soaked up.
- Once finished, place quinoa into a bowl and stir together with the olive oil and salt.
- In a separate bowl, place the sliced pepper, onion, kale, tomatoes and artichoke hearts and toss together.
- Add the quinoa to this bowl, stir and enjoy!