Breakfast of Champions: Overnight Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
As the temperature keeps rising and summer quickly approaches, there is nothing worse than standing over a hot stove making breakfast. Anyone else with me on that?
I’m a huge smoothie advocate (aka addict) when it gets hot outside, but there are just some mornings when I crave something a little heartier. Typically, I’d whip up a batch of my favorite stovetop protein oats, but 80+ degrees and warm oats don’t mix well. Trust me.
Thankfully, this chocolate peanut butter cup overnight chia seed pudding is the perfect alternative to satisfy these cravings! I always keep a batch in my fridge so I can dig in whenever I don’t feel like a smoothie, but also don’t feel like sweating buckets (sweating while working out? All for it. Sweating while cooking? Not about it).
Chock-full of healthy fats, chocolatey-goodness, and plant-based protein, this breakfast bowl comes without any gluten, dairy, soy, or refined sugar! SCORE. Hopefully this can satisfy your summer morning sweet tooth just as much as it satisfies mine.
- 7.5 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops Amazing Grass chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 cups unsweetened The New Barn almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Wild Friends classic creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp Wild Friends classic creamy peanut butter
- In a storage container of your choice (I like using a glass tupperware) mix together the chia seeds, protein powder and cacao powder.
- After the dry ingredients are mixed, pour in the almond milk and stir. The chia seeds will absorb most of the liquid, so don't be alarmed by how "liquid-y" the mixture is at this stage.
- Mix in the peanut butter and maple syrup (choose an amount based on how big of a sweet tooth you have).
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When it is ready to eat, top with cut up banana slices, raw cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes and more peanut butter (of course)!