Can’t sleep and don’t want to take pills? Do you toss and turn to the tune of a racing mind? Quiet your thoughts with a custom aromatherapy blend to soothe your mind and rest your body. Research shows that essential oils can benefit those insomniacs who have tried everything out there to no avail. In one study done at Britain’s University of Southampton, researchers concluded that study volunteers ranked the quality of their sleep 20% better on average when in the room diffused with lavender versus the sweet almond placebo. Instead of reaching for the melatonin or pills, you’ll soon be reaching for your very own organic sleep blend.
What you need
- 10 ml glass roll-on bottle
- Carrier oil of your choice— I use jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) or sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus)
- 3 essential oils of your choice (If you want to know what essential oils to use, check out this article here!)
- Add a total of 10—15 drops of essential oil to roll-on bottle. For example, 6 drops Lavender, 6 drops Frankincense, 2 drops Vetiver (Perceive your own blending factors based on aromatic potency of your choice oils!)
- Gently swirl the roll-on bottle to mix the oils together
- Add your carrier oil to fill the roll-on bottle
- Close the roll-on bottle and shake it well to blend
- Now it’s ready to be used— Apply to pulse points, chest, shoulders or behind neck, and make sure to smell it
It’s no secret that the key to a good night’s sleep starts before you hit the pillow. What essential oil blend do you use for sleep?