Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Soy Free? What? You might be asking yourself, “Well how good could they actually be?” In fact, you’re probably not alone. But, I assure you, this Snickerdoodle recipe is so good, you will have to hide them away. Whenever I make them, they disappear within minutes of making them.
Snickerdoodles have been around for a long time, although the actual facts about the cookie’s history vary. A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie that’s made with butter or oil, sugar, flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Eggs may also sometimes be used as an ingredient, with cream of tartar and baking soda added to leaven the dough.
- 1 cup Butter (I like Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar (Organic Coconut Sugar is great!)
- 2 eggs (Pasture raised is recommended)
- 1 2/4 cups Gluten Free Flour (Bob's One to One is great)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly
- Combine flour mix in small batched creaming together with the butter mixture
- Chill dough in fridge for 10 minutes
- Roll into small balls and dip into an equal mix of cinnamon and coconut sugar
- Please on baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes, rotating once half way through
- Remove and cool, and enjoy!
- It is important that your cream of tartar and baking soda is fresh.
Have a great delicious, healthy cookie recipe? Let me know as I’m always on the hunt for more!